Read all submission FAQ's and Submission Rules prior to submitting to Big Pine Comedy Festival 2017.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Festival is open to all comedians who are at least 18 years of age, human, and reside on planet Earth at the time of submission.
2. DESCRIPTION: Comedian ("Participant") must complete a submission form and a processing fee ("Fee") to The "Big Pine Comedy Festival” ("Festival") Festival submission fees may vary depending on the date of submission. All Fees are only through Typeform or Paypal. Submission period ("Submission") begins at 12:01 AM PST on Monday, March 6, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM PDT on Thursday, June 4, 2017. Following the Submission, Participants will be reviewed according to the Panel criteria as detailed in Section 5 of the Official Festival Rules. All fees are nonrefundable.
3. ENTRY: To enter, complete a submission form and include one (1) YouTube video link that depicts you performing a stand-up comedy routine, five (5) minutes in play length for stand up submissions and two to seven (2-7) minute submissions for sketch and improv videos. Video submissions cannot be a "best of" highlight reel. All submissions that are not of one continuous set will be ineligible. The video submitted as part of Participant's Entry ("Entry") must not be longer than five (5) minutes in play length. If a submitted video exceeds five (5) minutes in play length, no more than the first five (5) minutes of the video will be reviewed. Entry is not complete until all of the following tasks are performed. Any videos with inactive links will be ineligible. All videos that are unable to be judged due to poor sound quality will be ineligible. All submission forms must be complete and received by 11:59 PM PDT Monday, June 4th, 2017 at 11:59 pm. Participants must provide all information requested to be eligible. Incomplete, unreadable, private video, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to notify the Festival in writing if Participant changes his/her e-mail, postal address, or phone number during the Submission period. Each submission must include a payment through Typeform.com or a Paypal transaction number.
4. PODCASTS: Podcasts must complete a separate submission form. Podcast Link must be a complete podcast, not a "best of" episode. All submissions that are not of one continuous podcast will be ineligible. Judges will listen to no more than 45 minutes of your submission. Any submissions with inactive links will be ineligible. Any submissions that are unable to be judged due to poor sound quality will be ineligible. All submission forms must be completed by 11:59 PM PDT Monday, June 4th, 2017 at 11:59pm. Participants must provide all information requested to be eligible. Any incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to notify the Festival in writing if Participant changes his/her e-mail, postal address, or phone number during the Submission period. Each submission must include a payment through Typeform.com or a Paypal
5. MATERIAL: All items submitted will become the property of the Festival for judging and promotional material, and will not be returned to Participant. ("Material") includes to the extent applicable (a) any information (e.g., comedy routine, video, headshot) submitted by you or in connection with the Festival; (b) your name, likeness, voice, and image; and (c) all photographs, recordings, audiovisual, writings, biographical, statements, and quotations of you and furnished to the Festival by you in connection with your participation in the Festival. Do not submit any Material of anyone other than yourself. By submitting Material, you represent and warrant to the Festival that (i) the Material is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right of any person or entity, (ii) you have all rights necessary to submit the Material to the Festival in accordance with these Official Festival Rules, and (iii) no party other than you has any right, title, or interest in and to the Material or any part of the Material which would impair the rights granted to Festival hereunder. Material must not contain nudity, or any unlawful acts.
6. QUALIFYING NOTIFICATION: All Materials submitted during the Submission period will be reviewed by a committee ("Panel") selected by the Festival. Material (33%), Stage Presence (33%), Originality (33%) and Wow Factor (1%). Participant reviewing will take place until June 10th, 2017. Each of the accepted Participants will be notified via email on or about June 29th, 2017 and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond within 14 days of notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Festival and, in such case, Festival will select an alternate Participant from among all remaining Entries submitted. Non accepted Participants will be not be notified by email.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By submitting, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Festival Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, or from participation in the Festival; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Festival. Festival disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Festival. If accepted, you grant the Festival the right to record or photograph your performance, plus the right to use said recordings in any media; in whole or in part; for any purpose. Big Pine Comedy Festival reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Festival.
8. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the festival or undermine the legitimate operation of the festival may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in the disqualification from participation in the festival. Should such an attempt be made, the festival reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
10. FESTIVAL LINE-UP: The Festival line up will be announced on our website Thursday, June 29, 2017. Only accepted Participants will be notified via email. Accepted podcast participants will be notified Thursday, July 15, 2017. Only accepted Participants will be notified via email. Festival Podcast will be announced on our website Thursday, July 27, 2017.
BiG pine Comedy Festival